Monday, October 21, 2013

Met the deadline!

Woo hoo! It's done! The deadline to turn in my manuscript for SYTYCW 2013 was this afternoon and I made it with about 20 minutes to spare. Yep, it was a closer call than I expected it to be, but the book is edited and turned in and  now it's all about the waiting.

Ah, the dread wait. If you are at all familiar with writing for publication, you know this is most of what us writer-types do. Wait to hear from agents, wait to hear from editors, wait to hear from reviewers... but in the end it's all worth it.

So while I was attempting to make this book all prettiful, I was also working the last event of my Renaissance Faire season. And fighting a vicious little cold. Nothing like compliccating the matter, right?

But now I can reclaim at least a little bit of my brain for the other things I've fallen behind on while madly editing.

How's your Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment