Monday, March 3, 2014

Reading words before writing them.

Hey all, happy (rainy) Monday!

Having successfully released another book into the wild, I decided to take some time to relax and do some reading before diving deep into the next project. Call it a palate cleanser if you will, or giving myself time to refill the creative well. You can even just call it self-indulgent do-nothinging and I'd be good with all of that. Sometimes you just have to curl up and read.

So I've been reading, and ticking off some of my TBRs for reading challenges I signed up for at the beginning of the year. I'm happy to say that I haven't found anything that made me want to weep for wasted time thus far. Some of my reads have been more enjoyable than others, but that's to be expected, right? Fortuantely, I've trained myself out of the need to read to the very end of a book regardless of whether I like it or not. Too little time to do that if I plan to read through my entire TBR mountain range before I die or my eyesight burns out.

So that's where I've been. Reading. Well. And hanging out with my faire guildmates. Faire season is gearing up, which means fabric shopping and character development and planning all sorts of mischief. If you're in California or planning to visit during the season this year, maybe I'll see you in one of my other guises.

As I am an author first and foremost, though, the books and writing come first. To that end:

I planned to set the price on Of Shadow Born to it's regular price today. However, I forgot that Smashwords is having it's annual Read an Ebook promotion this week. What does this mean for you? Of Shadow Born stays at the lower price until Saturday, March 8th.

If you're interested and you haven't picked it up yet, grab a copy now (and use code: REW75 at checkout to get the discount)!


No comments:

Post a Comment