Friday, June 8, 2012

Life may not always be kind...

But true friends will always be close.

As close as they can be, at least, when so many of us maintain long distance friendships through the power of the interwebz.

I know that there are several people in my circle going through rough patches, either themselves or with family and loved ones. It does seem that the universe sometimes decides to test us all at once, doesn't it? If you're having a hard or stressful time right now, I hope things settle for you, soon. Don't be afraid to ask for a shoulder to lean on or an ear from a friend. That's what friends are for, after all, right? And no one can do everything alone.

Which is a hard lesson to learn for some of us, when we think we ought to be able to handle everything. We're human, people. Sometimes humans need other humans to give them a hand. Or a hug. Or both.

This weekend is the second faire weekend for me. I am also sending the Engineer away for a bit (for work) and preparing for my own trip, as well as attempting to do fiber things and writing things and keeping the house clean and the cats fed. I keep telling myself that if I can just get through the month, things will calm down.

Which is really not true because there's more travel and more event stuff going on for me in July, but you know, every once in a while I fool myself, take a deep breath and relax. One small step for me...

If you have plans this weekend, I hope they're fun and that you enjoy yourself. If you don't have plans, I hope you have a chance to sleep in and laze around the house or whatever makes you happy.

And then come tell me about it on Monday! Gotta get my thrills somehow, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment